2012 Agricultural Achievement Awards
From the rice and cotton fields of Missouriís Bootheel to the rolling pastures of northwest Missouri to the research and processing facilities in the Stateís urban areas, agriculture is central to the livelihood and lifestyle of Missourians. As Missouri agriculture continues to grow, recognizing the farmers and farm families whose hard work and dedication ensuring that Missouri remains the leader it is today well into the future becomes only more important.
Governor Nixon and Director Hagler recognized nine farmers, farm families and agribusinesses with agricultural achievement awards in 2012. Recipients spanned Missouriís agriculture industry, from soybeans to cedar and from horticulture to pork production. Congratulations to all of the winners, and to all of Missouriís outstanding farmers, farm families and agribusinesses.
The 2012 Agricultural Award Recipients:
- J.D. Howerton & Sons Farm, Phil Howerton
- Stark Broís Nurseries & Orchards Co.
- Parker & Jones Farm, Charles Parker
- Scheer Family Dairy Farm
- White Mule Winery, Charlie Schlottach
- W. Stemme Farm, Warren Stemme
- WW Cedar Co, LLC, Otto and Wanda Williams
- Rolla Horse Auction, Terry and Myrna Geiler
- Glengrove Farm, Bob and Gretchen Thompson